Who we are
Launched in October 2018, GOLD AVENUE (www.goldavenue.com) is an easy-to-use online platform to purchase gold, silver, platinum, and palladium at competitive and transparent prices. An up-and-coming startup with high growth potential, GOLD AVENUE aims to be an innovative and transparent e-commerce platform with a fintech spirit.
As the official online retailer of the MKS PAMP GROUP, GOLD AVENUE benefits from the authority and experience of a world leader in the precious metals sector.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of professional and technical accounting and financial reporting functions supporting GOLDAVENUE’s operations; maintaining the accuracy of the ledgers and financial systems; and maintaining accurate financial records. The position will report directly and work closely with the head of finance.
- Conduct end to end of purchase order, supplier invoicing and payment process to ensure all vendors are paid on time.
- Ownership of all daily accounting operations including bank reconciliation and provision/accruals to anticipate monthly closing activities.
- Compile all necessary information to ensure all financial statement line items are reconciled and substantiated monthly. This includes independently researching and documenting reconciling items, and, if applicable, making any correcting journal entries.
- Daily reconciliation of statements originating from multiple system source.
- Assist in building a scalable and efficient accounting and finance function.
- Identify and implement process improvements including recommendation to accounting system and procedures.
- Ensure compliance and appropriate documentation of accounting entries / finance operations with Internal Control System.
- Performs various analysis and Ad Hoc reports as required.
- Hands-on experience in preparing financial statements, and month-end close procedures
- Understanding of financial business processes and the ability to communicate accounting concepts easily
- Advanced Data and Excel skills (including pivot tables and complex lookup formulas)
- Experience working with and using accounting systems; Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Business Central is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting / financial analysis
- Fluent in French and English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, a collaborative working style, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Exhibits strong problem solving, analytical skills, and a comfort level with asking questions or challenge the status quo
What we offer
- Join and be part of a rapidly growing startup in Geneva
- Enjoy flexible working conditions that match your own rhythm
- 25 days of holidays and gross annual salary range of CHF 70’000 – 85’000 depending on experience, skills and location
- This position requires to have a residency or work permit in Switzerland
Start date : As soon as possible.