German SEO content editor (Freelance)
GOLD AVENUE is an Award-winning Swiss fintech startup with a mission to make saving and investing in precious metals accessible to everyone.
With a growing community of over 80,000 users, we are building the digital tools to educate and empower European savers and investors to start saving in gold, whether with €100 or €1 million. 🚀
As the official online dealer and part of the MKS PAMP GROUP, a trusted family-owned group and global leader in the precious metals industry, our mission is to create a transparent, innovative, and educational digital platform for individuals to buy, store, and resell physical precious metals in a few clicks.
Our video: Discover GOLD AVENUE: Savings made simple
Our website: www.goldavenue.com
We are looking for a talented native German freelance editor with a talent for proofreading and optimizing educational and marketing content.
With an eye for detail and a strong knowledge of SEO, you will help us in creating the most valuable, accurate, helpful, and high-converting content!
Your mission will be to check, and if necessary optimize, the quality of the SEO in our content, and to ensure that the spelling, punctuation, and grammar are correct and that the text meets our style guidelines and quality standards.
When needed, you will therefore also be responsible for rewriting content for SEO, consistency, structure, transitions, and readability.
This would be a 20% freelance position where you would work in collaboration with the GOLD AVENUE content team.
We are looking for someone with experience in proofreading, editing, and optimizing for SEO the following types of content:
- Educational articles & content (blog articles, guides, etc.)
- Sales campaign content (emailing, social media ads, etc.)
- product and shop category pages
- organic social media posts
- Topic cluster pages for SEO (on precious metals, savings and investment-related topics)
- transcription/subtitling of videos
Our tools of choice are Trello, Confluence, and Google Suite (drive, docs, sheets, etc.), and we use Slack and email, (sometimes WhatsApp) to communicate.
- German is your native language, being bilingual in French and/or English would be a big plus.
- Strong experience in proofreading, editing, and optimizing for SEO as well as conducting your own SEO checks based on our briefs.
- Strong experience in proofreading and editing articles, case studies, infographics, website copy, etc., as well as fact-checking research.
- Experience with the precious metals, investment, or finance, sector is a plus.
- Know how to edit for effectiveness, clarity, and value to create content capable of converting with intelligence, transparency, and an educational angle.
- At least three years' experience in proofreading and editing content.
Contract: Freelance, you can allocate between 10% and 20% of your time to this position
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Flexible, remote. For this long-term freelance mission, you will work remotely but you are welcome to visit us in our Geneva office if you wish!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
We address a mix of non-expert and educated visitors in precious metals and investment in general. Our audience is in their late 30s to 60s, most of whom are looking to invest, diversify, save, or simply protect their money. They are looking for a trustworthy and easy-to-use partner. Building our reputation is therefore paramount, and we value transparency and education over financial speculation and overly aggressive marketing techniques.
As a Fintech, we want to differentiate ourselves from the classic "old school" gold retailers and dust off the idea of saving and investing in gold as something accessible for everyone.
If you are interested in the mission, please contact me to know more!
Please make sure to include relevant examples of your editing and SEO work.
Workplace and culture
About GOLD AVENUE
With more than 60 years in the industry, MKS PAMP GROUP has always searched for innovative ways to move across the value chain to better serve our customers. With the creation of GOLD AVENUE, we wanted to get closer to our end clients in order to serve them straight from the source and directly share with them our passion for precious metals.
German SEO content editor (Freelance)
Loading application form
Already working at GOLD AVENUE?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.