Who we are:
We are GOLD AVENUE (www.goldavenue.com) a Swiss fintech and e-commerce startup on a journey to make precious metals saving and investment accessible for everyone.
With a fast-growing community of over 85,000 users, a $400 million turnover since inception, and a Best Swiss Gold Reseller Award in 2021, we are building the digital tools to educate and empower savers and investors from all over Europe to start their gold savings, whether it’s with $1 or $1 million.
As the official online retailer of the MKS PAMP GROUP, a trusted family group, and world leader in the precious metals sector, our mission is to create a transparent, innovative, and educational digital platform to allow individuals to buy, store, and resell physical precious metals in a few clicks.
In 2023, as we settle in our new offices in the heart of Geneva, we are embarking on the next chapter of our journey: are you ready to join our young and dynamic team and help us create the future of precious metals?
We want to hear from you!
Join us as our new FINANCIAL ANALYST (100%)
In this position, you will develop the financial reporting function of our dynamic and rapidly growing startup. This role is pivotal to our company, enabling us to make strategic decisions based on robust financial data. You will work closely with the CFO in assisting the overall finance function. Your work will help maintain our financial health and make a significant contribution to our business's strategic decisions. In addition, you will follow the evolution and growth of the company and support us with proposals for improvement and optimization of accounting and finance processes. Your other responsibilities will be as follows:
- Perform month-end closing activities, ensuring all financial data is correctly accounted for and reported with reconciliation of data from multiple sources;
- Participate in financial operations, including transactions with banks and clients, to ensure seamless and efficient processes;
- Develop, prepare, and present regular cash flow forecasts and analyses, providing insights to support our strategic financial decisions;
- Review the work of the accountant for entries made into the accounting system, ensuring bookkeeping is done accurately and appropriately, thereby maintaining a high level of integrity in our financial records;
- Act as liaison for financial matters with banks, operations, and regulatory authorities;
- Drive continuous improvement in the finance function by developing and implementing new or improved financial systems and processes;
- Work closely with the management team to strategize on the company's financial direction and performance;
- Actively participate in the forecasting process, issuing monthly actual vs budget analysis reports.
In addition, you will support the finance and accounting function in the following:
- Participate in the long-term improvement of the financial function by assisting in the design of IT implementations and system upgrades, ensuring our technology supports our financial operations effectively;
- Engage in regular operational matters, troubleshooting finance-related issues to ensure the smooth running of the business and contribute to the development of effective solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Management, or accounting or equivalent level
- Prior experience in a similar position (Big 4, finance, accounting, audit, or FP&A) a plus
- Accounting background a plus
- Willingness to evolve in a startup and to participate in the development of its Finance and Accounting function
- Strong autonomy
- Versatile, motivated, and proactive personality
- Initiative and solution-oriented
- Excel expert
- SQL and/or Dynamics 365 Business Central knowledge is considered a plus
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Swiss or EU nationality or valid Swiss work permit.
Starting date: as soon as possible
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.